Neoprene bonding layer
Zenith can provide neoprene bonding layer on all types of polymer based rubber sheets/mining rubber sheetsand pulley lagging rubber sheets on clients request and area of application
Neoprene has excellent adhesion qualities to metals. So thin layer (0.8-1.0 mm) of neoprene backing is added in most of the metal lining Rubber sheet applications.
Guideline for adhesion- Neoprene bonding layer to Metal bonding.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from oil, paint, and other contamination.
- Metal surfaces should first be cleaned with Solvent.
- After the surface is prepared it should be primed with metal prime.
- The primer should be allowed to completely dry at least 1 hour depending upon atmospheric conditions.
- Cut five test specimens of 30 mm in width and 300 mm in length of rubber sample. Condition the test pieces at room temperature for 24 hrs.
- Prepared Glue by using Adhesive: Hardener as 100 gm:5 gm.
- Coat Glue on strips at Bonding layer side & on metal plate, allow to dry for 15 min.
- Mount the strips on the glued metal plate.
- Check bonding strength by pulling rubber strip by hand.